The Frosh/Soph team is doing great. We won 2nd place in the Prospect Tournament and 1st place in the Lynbrook Tournament. Good job.… read more
JV Boys basketball played a double header tonight and won both games. They beat Westmont 50-46 in double overtime in the Prospect Tournament and beat Lynbrook 56-50 in overtime to advance to the championship game this Saturday in the Lynbrook tournament.
And, last night but we beat Andrew Hill 49-16 in the first game of the Lynbrook Tournament.… read more
· 3/4—Varsity lost to Bellarmine 57-37 in the CCS semi-finals
· Collin Spence put on a furious, energetic show tonight for the large group of Homestead fans assembled at Independence High School for the CCS Division 1 semifinal game against juggernaut Bellarmine. He had 18 points on just 10 shots from the field and was nearly perfect from the free throw line (10 of 12). He also had his usual ration of rebounds (5), and had 2 assists and a steal. He had several circus shots on driving scores in the lane against a tough Bellarmine defense and a couple of beautiful “ankle breakers,” causing defenders to struggle to remain on their feet; but, in the end, it wasn’t enough, as the Mustangs fell to the Bells. Homestead’s season is over at 17 wins and just 8 losses, second place in the De Anza League, and in the Final Four of CCS Division 1.
· 2/28—Varsity beats Santa Teresa in CCS Quarter-finals 55-41
· Jay Slaney had another of his furious double-double performances tonight–19 points, 13 rebounds (including 6 on the offensive end), 2 assists, a steal and a blocked shot.
· Jay did get a little help from his friends, as DeAngelo Blackwell added 18 points and 9 rebounds.
· Aditya Reddy tossed in 10 points with 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
· Collin Spence directed traffic with 9 assists and stuffed the stat sheet with 8 points 5 rebounds and 4 steals.
· Kia … read more